Are you one among those hundreds of people who are unhappy with their own smiles because of their misaligned look? A large number of people suffer from bite-related issues - underbite, crossbite, or overbite. In earlier days, traditional braces were the only available option to treat these issues and align the teeth properly. However, traditional braces offered many disadvantages in the form of discomfort from the metal wires and trouble of frequent adjustments needed for metal braces. But now, thanks to Invisalign aligners, this is no longer the case anymore. Invisalign offers all the benefits associated with conventional braces while being comfortable and easy on the wearer.
What are Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign is an orthodontic aligner that uses a series of removable and invisible aligners to straighten the teeth. Unlike the traditional metal braces, Invisalign is manufactured from clear, dental-grade plastic, and hence, barely noticed by others when worn.
Invisalign uses the help of 3D computer imaging technology, which makes it is very effective to remove teeth alignment issues.
What Sort Of Dental Problems Can Invisalign Fix?
Invisalign aligners help in treating the following dental concerns:
- Invisalign aligners can correct or bridge the gaps developed between teeth due to abnormal jaw growth or shifting of teeth due to a missing tooth.
- Invisalign aligners can correct the overcrowding of the teeth developed due to lack of enough space available in the jaw to fit all the teeth comfortably.
- Invisalign can treat the crookedness or overlapping of teeth.
- Invisalign aligners can rectify the inferior positioning or alignment due to the protrusions of teeth.
- Invisalign aligners can correct dental problems that include minor open bites, crossbites, and underbites.
- Invisalign aligners can correct the mild relapsing tooth movement that occurs after removing the traditional braces.
Why choose Invisalign instead of braces?
Choosing Invisalign instead of braces offer few significant advantages. Here’s why dentists highly recommend Invisalign:
- Invisalign aligners are aesthetically more appealing than metal braces as they are made from clear plastic material.
- Wearing Invisalign aligners are more comfortable and safer than wearing metal braces as the former doesn’t contain any metal components, brackets, or sharp corners.
- Invisalign braces are indistinguishable when placed on the teeth. They are barely noticeable when you talk or smile, thanks to their transparent appearance.
- Unlike metal braces, patients using Invisalign aligners need not make any changes to their diet, as the aligners can be removed while having food.
To determine your candidacy for Invisalign, the dentist will conduct a diagnosis of your oral cavity and malocclusion. The dentist will scan the teeth using digital scanning devices to use the data obtained to fabricate the aligners. The wearer needs to change the aligners once every two weeks to advance to the next stage of treatment.
Patients should wear the Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours every day. You can take them off only when having food or brushing your teeth.
Wish to know more about Invisalign treatment to get your misaligned teeth straightened? Call us or schedule an appointment online.